Have you been troubled by headaches lately? If so, you’re not alone. Headaches are a very common condition. Up to 75% of adults worldwide have had a headache in the past year. But just because they’re common doesn’t mean they aren’t troublesome. If your headaches negatively impact your daily, we can help you manage the pain. Keep reading if you want to learn more about headaches.
There are many types of headaches:
- Tension Headaches
- Migraine Headaches
- Cluster Headaches
- Chronic Headaches
- Sinus headaches
The characteristics of the headache vary greatly depending on the underlying condition.
To effectively treat a headache, you should know its cause. So, what are the most common causes? Some headaches might just run in your family, like migraines.
Some other common causes of headaches are:
- Alcohol use
- Drinking caffeinated beverages
- Bad posture
- High blood pressure
- Stress and anxiety
- Illnesses such as the flu, sinusitis, etc.
You should seek emergency care if you experience any of the following:
- A sudden, new, severe headache
- A headache accompanied by numbness or tingling, paralysis, mental confusion, vision changes, or speech difficulties
- Headaches that wake you at night
- Headache after an injury
- Headache with severe nausea and vomiting
Life doesn’t have to be a headache. There are treatment options.
Some treatments include:
- Stress management – using relaxation techniques helps you manage your stress and reduce headaches.
- Medication – you can use over-the-counter pain relievers if your headaches are occasional.
If you have persistent or moderate to severe headaches, consider seeing a doctor to get a diagnosis and get the proper treatment. When it comes to treating pain, seeking a pain management specialist is vital. We have specialists that will help you eliminate pain to a point where you can freely perform your daily activities again.